These agencies are chosen carefully by the XSJN Committee to ensure that they are in line with our mission and values and will be suitable for our volunteers. Our volunteers are always to be engaged in a way that is primarily relational, taking account of the full dignity of the person they seek to serve. The Network also offers opportunities for volunteers to reflect on their experience and so as to deepen their understanding of their commitment. The partner agencies and their volunteer programs include:
- Jesuit Social Services: We respond as needed to the diverse programs offered by JSS.
- Sacred Heart Mission in St Kilda: Preparing and serving meals to support people attending the Dining Hall. Offering friendship to women attending the Women's House.
- St Mary's House of Welcome: Preparing and serving meals to support people attending the Dining Hall.
- St Vincent de Paul Society: Preparing and serving meals on the Soup Van Program in various operations across Victoria, or at the Friday Night BBQ in Collingwood.
- Brigidine Asylum Seekers Project: Offering friendship and support, at mutually convenient locations, through their Teaching English Program.
- The Haven in South Yarra: Providing friendship and support to residents through their Companionship Program.
- McAuley Community Services for Women: Working as a learning support volunteer to vulnerable children
- Educating First Youth Foyer in Broadmeadows: Provide mentoring to young people at risk of homelessness.
- River Nile School & River Nile Learning Centre in North Melbourne: Supporting disadvantaged refugee and asylum seeker women enrolled in the Centre's English Language Program.
- Wellsprings for Women in Dandenong: Providing support to programs run by the agency for vulnerable and isolated women, especially English language tutoring.
- Refugee Legal: Providing legal advice to asylum seekers or administrative support to the organisation through their Migration Agents and Paralegal Support Team.
- Melbourne Adult Migrant English Program in Preston: Providing English language tutoring to adults from a CALD background in their Volunteer Tutor Scheme.
For more information about any of these programs, please get in touch with:
XSJN Coordinator: Ms Danusia Kaska
Telephone: (03) 9815 4891