Xavier College’s fundamental responsibility is the care, safety and wellbeing of all students whilst in our care. There is a moral and legal responsibility to provide a safe and secure environment for all our students. Xavier College is committed to the protection of all our students from all forms of abuse.
To this end, we have developed a Child Safety Program made up of work systems, practices, policies and procedures designed to maintain a child safe environment and to embed an organisational culture of child safety within the College community.
Further information relating to the Ministerial Order 870 Standards that came into effect on 1 August, 2016 is available on the Victorian State Government - Victorian Registration & Qualifications Authority's website.
Listed below are a number of key policies and critical actions within the Xavier College Child Protection and Safety Program:
- Child Safety and Wellbeing Policy
- Child Safety Code of Conduct
- Responding to and Reporting Allegations of Child Abuse and Student Sexual Offending Policy
- Critical Actions - Responding to Incidents, Disclosures and Suspicions of Child Abuse
- Child Safety Leads and Reporting
- Mandatory Reporting Policy
- Reportable Conduct Policy
- Australian Childhood Foundation